This curriculum includes the following seven modules, developed by working groups made up of MAiD experts representing diverse geography and disciplines:
(1) Foundations of MAiD in Canada: A background asynchronous module to include the story of MAiD law in Canada, an ethics primer, and the federal and provincial processes with respect to MAiD.
(2) Clinical Conversations: An asynchronous module on how to respond to initial inquiries from patients about MAiD including discussion of end-of-life planning and goals of care treatment options.
(3) How to do a MAiD Assessment: Asynchronous and synchronous modules with a systematic approach to core MAiD assessments, attending to medico-legal requirements in national and regional guidelines.
(4) Assessing Capacity and Vulnerability: Synchronous module providing a deeper exploration of psychosocial vulnerabilities in MAiD assessments. This course will lay an initial foundation for Module 07.
(5) Providing MAiD: Asynchronous and synchronous modules aimed to develop skills and best practices in the provision of MAiD.
(6) Navigating Complex Cases with Confidence: Asynchronous and synchronous modules exploring complex case-based MAiD assessments and provisions.
(7) MAiD & Mental Disorders: Synchronous module – group just formed and defining content to be included. Will cover MAiD and mental disorders as the sole underlying cause for MAiD.